Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My own 23

I believe our Library Branch will profit from our new found knowledge of web 2.0. Our patrons are always wanting a list of the books that they have checked out and read. We can now refer them to Library thing for that reference. We have a big crowd for children's hour every week. We can take pictures and post them either on flicker, facebook or our blog and let family from far away and family who is home bound see the pictures of our growing, learning children. Google doc is another thing that I have already refereed my daughter to use when she could not get a program to work by e-mail. She sent it from one store to the other and was able to open and manipulate the program. She is now singing my praise for my "web knowledge". Wiki is one thing that I have used for years and the more people I tell about it the bigger it gets. I feel that our Library and beyond has been influenced by the "23 things" I have learned. I hope I can make a difference in someone Else's life the way that this learning experience has made a difference in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment